For me, it made a daunting area simple. I now feel I can capture the most precious moments in my children’s lives better with some confidence in what I am doing. Also it’s nice to use my brain and imagination during maternity leave! – Kirsten H.
Is the course for ME?
- Do you own a camera but are not sure how to use it? Confused about it’s many buttons and functions?
- Have you been mostly using the AUTO settings on your camera?
- Are you frustrated with how your photos turn out and want more consistent results and photos you will be proud to fill your walls with?
- Do you want to join in a fun daytime class that is all about you, but still baby friendly?
- If the answer to any of the above is yes – then YES, THIS IS A COURSE FOR YOU!
You don’t need to be an artist, you don’t need crazy props or very expensive equipment and you will see a big difference to your photos.
You will need to have a camera with manual settings : A, S or Av, Tv – that’s most cameras on the market now, other than the most basic point-and shoots. If you’re not sure, check out our FAQs section or ask us about your camera model. We can even rent you a camera if needed.
Enlightening, fantastic, fun, practical. A must for any parent with an under-utilised SLR. Like scales have fallen off my eyes – finally I know how to use all those buttons – it makes such a difference! Rebecca H.
What will I learn?
- You will learn all about your camera – what it does, how it does it and more importantly: how to make it do what you want it to do ( capture running children or a gorgeous moody portrait). No more being scared by cryptic buttons and strange numbers coming up on your camera screen.
- You will start CREATING and COMPOSING photographs rather than just snapping away hoping that 1 in a 100 will be good enough – we have some great advice on rules of composition for you!
- You will learn how to best capture your child, whatever their age – documenting their big and little moments, cheeky smiles and cuddles – all the things that make them unique – nobody knows them as well as you do!
And above all : you will change the way you take photographs forever. There will be no going back.