Learn a skill that’ll stay with you for life, that will serve your family, that’ll take all those those little and big moments, when they’re tiny and when they tower over you and help you keep them forever. Why wait? They’ll never be this age twice.
For me, it made a daunting area simple. I now feel I can capture the most precious moments in my children’s lives better with some confidence in what I am doing. Also it’s nice to use my brain and imagination during maternity leave! – Kirsten H.
Is the course for ME?
- Do you own a camera but are not sure how to use it? Confused about it’s many buttons and functions?
- Have you been mostly using the AUTO settings on your camera?
- Are you frustrated with how your photos turn out and want more consistent results and photos you will be proud to fill your walls with?
- Do you want to join in a fun daytime class that is all about you, but still baby friendly?
- If the answer to any of the above is yes – then YES, THIS IS A COURSE FOR YOU!
You don’t need to be an artist, you don’t need crazy props or very expensive equipment and you will see a big difference to your photos.
You will need to have a camera with manual settings : A, S or Av, Tv – that’s most cameras on the market now, other than the most basic point-and shoots. If you’re not sure, check out our FAQs section or ask us about your camera model. We can even rent you a camera if needed.
Enlightening, fantastic, fun, practical. A must for any parent with an under-utilised SLR. Like scales have fallen off my eyes – finally I know how to use all those buttons – it makes such a difference! Rebecca H.
What will I learn?
- You will learn all about your camera – what it does, how it does it and more importantly: how to make it do what you want it to do ( capture running children or a gorgeous moody portrait). No more being scared by cryptic buttons and strange numbers coming up on your camera screen.
- You will start CREATING and COMPOSING photographs rather than just snapping away hoping that 1 in a 100 will be good enough – we have some great advice on rules of composition for you!
- You will learn how to best capture your child, whatever their age – documenting their big and little moments, cheeky smiles and cuddles – all the things that make them unique – nobody knows them as well as you do!
And above all : you will change the way you take photographs forever. There will be no going back.