PHOTOGRAPHY FOR PARENTS ONLINE
Advanced Level 2 course
How do I get FULL control of my camera?
When is the ‘correct’ exposure not the RIGHT one and why is my camera confused?
How do you capture genuine emotion and NOT just fake smiles?
How to make your light AND SHADOWS work for you?
What makes a ‘strong image’ and how do I begin to get them more consistently?
Those are just a few questions you’ll find the answers to in our Level 2 course – Advanced Photography for Parents. You will love this course if you want to keep growing your photographic eye, truly control your camera and start making your photos reflect who you are and who your family are. This is the course where your photography really picks up the pace. We will support and challenge you to help you find your own voice in photography.
THE KEY COURSE INFO:
- Course starts : 11th May 2020
- Course duration: 6 weeks
- Course instructor – Jo Shannon Little
- Course cost: £259
THE COURSE STRUCTURE:
- Core course materials – 6 modules, released weekly ( downloadable pdfs available)
- Private Support forum and a private Facebook group
- Personal video feedback on your images
- Weekly online Live Q&A class ( evenings, after 8.30pm)
- Camera with manual settings (DSLR, Bridge or mirrorless)
- General knowledge of camera exposure and ability to shoot in priority modes
- Having completed our Level 1 Fundamentals course ideal but not required
- Willingness to spend between 2-4h per week practicicing your photography
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
First steps into shooting in full manual – understanding your exposure and metering, finding correct exposure for your subject, handling over and under exposure and adjusting your settings without even taking your camera away from your eyes.
Learning when the ‘correct’ exposure is not the “right exposure”, understanding and interpreting your histograms, learning how your environment can help you get the right exposure even in tricky light, dealing with challenging light situations.
Enter your text here...
Learning what makes a strong image and learning to create your own, consistently, with the help of our advanced composition techniques – beyond the rule of thirds. Visual storytelling and creating connection to create images which go beyond just pretty.
Learning how to capture genuine connection with your subject and their true emotions – whether happy or mad! Going beyond the smiles or frowny faces to portray your children’s true selves and capturing the moment. Using body language and other creative means – from colour theory, editing style and more!
Making the most of light around you and finding your best light anywhere – inside or out. Learning to ‘read’ the light in photographs and seeing the light potential of any location. Understanding shadows and how you can use them to make your subject stand out. Introduction to shooting with Flash.
Exploring various photographic styles and conventions. Learning to recognise your own strengths and weaknesses and taking steps to grow further. Bonus creative exercises to take you out if your rut and help you continue to grow your photography.
6 WEEK ADVANCEDCHILDREN’S PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
( LEVEL 2)
- course starts : 11 May 2020 ( 6 weeks incl 1 week break)
- course cost : £259 (payment plan available)
- 6 weekly modules covering all key aspects of children’s photography,
- weekly live online class ( also recorded)
- personal feedback and advice on your images
- private support group
I did level 1 and level 2 and both are absolutely fantastic. In my opinion level 2 is absolute must as it expand the knowledge from level 1 to the point, that you can take photos confidently, and knowing what you do. I did it online and my teachers were superb, passionate, helpful and very flexible.
I recommend PfP from the deep of my heart.
What can I say? I have loved everything about Level 1 of photography for parents and have just dived straight into Level 2. The difference you can see in your images in such a short space of time is truly remarkable. The feedback and webinars are great and really help you along in your photography journey! Can't wait to see what else I can learn!