LEARN TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR CHILDREN BEAUTIFULLY
People often assume that to get good photos you need a really expensive camera or be a born artist who will ‘just know’ how to capture a good photo. Not true.
You can capture great images with any camera – as long as you know what you’re doing with it. And you can compose beautiful photographs even if you don’t think of yourself as ‘artistic’. Learning composition fundamentals and basic photography principles will make your images better. Everyone can improve.
We know there is no such thing as ‘spare time’ with children and that you need to see the results quickly.
We’ve been there, we’re parents ourselves. So we focus on things that will make the biggest and immediate difference to your kids photos and just help you capture your children better, more naturally. We know it works, hundreds of students have transformed their family photos with us and some have even moved on to launch careers in photography themselves! ( we still keep in touch via our alumni group on Facebook!)
OUR COURSES WORK – WE KNOW THEY DO!
What makes our courses WORK is that unlike many other options out there, you are fully supported, always with access to your instructor and with feedback and advice tailored to YOU – to support YOUR learning
- Learn at your best time, fitting around your kids or work
- Access course materials on your desktop, tablet or mobile – or as a printable PDF workbook
- Get support via weekly live classes, dedicated support forum and a private Facebook group
- Receive detailed feedback and advice on your photos and further growth
- The aftercare – our Alumni group is an amazing source of support and inspiration long after the courses are finished.
You ALWAYS get help, your’re NEVER alone with your questions and EVERYONE improves!
A COURSE FOR EVERY LEVEL
Parents come to us with different levels of their photography knowledge, at different stages of their lives, their children’s ages and even different goals - some may want to keep photography a personal passion, others want to turn it into a career. There is no single course that could ever address all those needs, but between our two core photography courses and our additional skills courses ( Photo editing and Shooting with Flash) we are confident we can set you up with the right support for YOU.
Our approach to photo education is a holistic one - we know that to take good photos it's not enough to just know what the buttons on your camera do - it's about understanding how the camera works in context of photographic composition, storytelling and understanding light AND how it all applies to photographing children specifically. Our photography courses marry all these elements - at different levels in each of our photo courses
So how do you know which course level is right for you?
If you are:
- Just starting in photography - perhaps all you used before was a phone camera or a point and shoot, or you have a better camera but you never dared to take it of Auto. OR
- You already have a level of knowledge about some level of skill with your camera either from being self-taught or having previously done some courses but lack in-depth understanding - check out our Fundamentals course
Photography for Parents FUNDAMENTALS:
Our flagship course which offers a solid foundation in photography and gives you everything you need to start taking better photos of your children – from camera know how to composition and understanding light.
Click below to see what’s covered in the course and whether it’s right for you.
If you are:
- Already confident with your camera, you have a good understanding of how it works and how to use it to best effects in a variety of situations as well as a good understanding of key composition and light concepts - our Photography for Parents ADVANCED may be right for you.
- If you aren't sure whether you'd benefit from our Fundamentals or Advanced course more - take our placement quiz to help you.
Photography for Parents
We put lots of emphasis on creativity, storytelling, style and light in this course – if you’re up for a challenge – this is for you!
Choose this course if you are already friends with your camera but want to learn how to shoot creatively in full manual, how to go beyond the basic composition rules and start expressing yourself through photography.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS COURSES:
Photo Editing Course
A completely vital skill for any photographer out there. We guide you through the endless possibilities that editing your images can bring – but we show you exactly how all the controls affect your images and how to achieve the effects you’re after.
This course can be taken at any level though we recommend having at least some photography knowledge, or having taken our Fundamentals course first. The course teaches you how to edit with Adobe Lightroom – the most widely used photo editing software. Click below to find out more!
SHOOTING WITH FLASH Course
Scared of Flash? Never got good results from it? Not sure how it works with your camera? Thinking it’s bound to be complicated and just for studio work? This is the course for you! We show you how to work your flash and your camera – on and off camera! to get great, natural looking results
We recommend that this course is taken once you’re able to shoot in full manual so that you can fully appreciate how the two work together and how to control it. Please note you will need a detacheable flash in order to take part in the course.